11/10/2011 – “11/10” The Artwork of Huck Gee
Visit the TAG Shop to see what is available.
Toy Art Gallery, one of the first dedicated art galleries of it’s kind, today announced that it will feature the work of toy customizer extraordinaire Huck Gee titled “11/10″ in Los Angeles for a 3-day only event starting November 10.
Through the years Huck has created original and awe inspiring 3D figures which sell out almost immediately through his website. He creates these unique and lovable characters in sets of 10, each individually numbered. But what nobody knew is that for each set of 10 figures he made, he also made one more and numbered it “11/10″. For the first time ever, every 11/10 piece will be on display and be available for sale, almost 50 pieces in total. Fans will now have just one last chance to see in person and get their hands on figures that sold out years ago.
“A couple of years ago I found myself wondering how I could create enough art pieces for a truly stupendous gallery show, yet without me having to take 9 months off to focus solely on producing pieces for a gallery. There was no way I could afford to set that much time aside but pull off the show I was imagining. Then I looked in my display case and saw the 11th figure I had begun squirreling away for my own collection,” said Huck Gee.
11/10 will not only feature retrospective and new works, it will also be the debut release of Huck’s first full length art book “The Art of Huck Gee”. Published by Presto Publishing and not scheduled to hit shelves till January 1st, 2012; just 200 collectors cover copies will be available at the event.
And as if that wasn’t enough, 11/10 will also be the official release of the extremely limited “Kabuki and Kitsune” Dunny 2-Pack by toy creator heavyweights Kidrobot. Inspired by Huck Gee’s Gold Life Dunny Series which sold out in record time, these two 3-inch Dunnys will be limited to only 200 pieces and will be exclusively available at the event.
11/10 will see large crowds of fans over it’s 3-day affair at Toy Art Gallery. Thursday, November 10th at 7pm will mark the official opening with a special signing with Huck Gee taking place the following evening at 6pm. The show will be open throughout the weekend closing it’s doors forever on Sunday, November 13th.
About Huck Gee:
A UK native, Huck Gee is a contemporary artist, illustrator, toy maker, and designer best known by toy enthusiasts for his iconic “Skullhead” character and “Gold Life” art creations. Heavily influenced by Japanese and Hong Kong pop art, Gee calls his style “Bastardized Asian Pop Culture”.
The demand for Huck’s Custom Toy Art and illustrations has grown quite immense, with small runs of hand crafted Art Toys and original prints selling out in seconds online and shipping to art collectors worldwide. Huck’s works have been exhibited in galleries worldwide and in 2007 his “Hello My Name Is” 8” Dunny was accepted into the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. In addition, Huck has also consigned several pieces for one of the world’s leading fine art auction houses: Christie’s Auction House.
He’s released numerous limited production toys through Kidrobot including some of the most exclusive and sought after Dunnys to date, figures for The Standard, DJ Qbert, and a series of figures for Barney’s New York which came dressed in the 2005 spring collections of five of the world’s most famous fashion designers: Marc Jacobs, Dries Van Noten, Jil Sander, Rick Owens, and Duckie Brown. His extraordinary skills with customizing vinyl toys earned him the title of Best Customizer in the 2009 Kidrobot Artist Awards.
Most recently Huck collaborated with Ken Block and DC Shoes for Ken’s Monster World Rally Team WRC logo entitled “Blockhead”. Coinciding with this project were several limited edition shoe and clothing runs.
Huck currently maintains a studio in San Francisco and when not busy planning world domination, he spends his free time playing with his daughter and pretending to be a racecar driver. Not necessarily at the same time.
Friday, Nov. 10th through Sunday, Nov. 13th, 2011
Visit the TAG Shop to see what is available.
- “ARThropod Brain” Preview
- “Brain Evolution” Jumping Brain Group Custom Show Preview
- “Karoushi” Grody Shogun and Velocitron Preview
- “Paulyvinyl State of Mind” Preview
- “Pop Fiction” Preview
- “WHAM BLAM BLAMO” Preview
- 01/10/2015 – “FEMINAMORPHE” Candie Bolton, Helen Vine, Okokume, Tasha Zimich, Teresa Chiba and Uamou
- 01/11/14 – VIVE LA LOLLIGAG! Vinyl Doll Release & Custom Figure Group Show
- 01/12/2013 -“TOY GIANTS” Lifesize Fiberglass Figure Showcase
- 02/02/2013 – “PSEUDOMORPHISM” – Blobpus, Paul Kaiju, and Hanawa, with Yamomark
- 02/03/2012 – “Karoushi” Grody Shogun and Velocitron
- 02/08/14 – “DARK INVASION” Devil’s Head Prod., Galaxy People, Guumon, Mutant Vinyl Hardcore,Paul Kaiju, Scarecrowoven
- 02/21/2015 – “DICHOTOMY” Doublethink Group Show
- 03/03/2012 – Paul Kaiju “PaulyVinyl State of Mind”
- 03/08/14 – “The Crawling Dead” Miscreation Toys Autopsy Zombie Staple Baby Group Custom Show
- 03/09/13 – Emilio Garcia and Tokyoplastic “ARThropod Brain”
- 03/21/2015 – “FULL RESIN VINYL” Retroband and Mutant Vinyl Hardcore
- 03/23/2012 – Nathan Hamill’s Bellicosity: A Bellicose Bunny Custom Group Show
- 04/03/2013 – “CREATURE FEATURE” Mutant Vinyl Hardcore, Elegab, Splurrt, Kenth Toy Works and Munktiki
- 04/05/2014 – “IDOL WORSHIP” Brian Flynn, Frenzy Bros., Grizlli Atom, Shirahama/Yatsuashi, Tim Clarke, and Yakimon
- 04/12/2012 – David Flores “Bad News Travels Fast”
- 04/18/2015 – “GNOSIS” – Blood Guts Toys, Deathcat Toys, Grizlli Atom, kto kto, and Snatchpunch with special guests
- 05/04/2013 – 1-DAY “Fight For What’s Right” Custom Boxing Glove Show
- 05/05/2012 – MY LITTLE PONY Project 2012
- 05/11/2013 – Choco Moo Solo Exhibition
- 05/11/2013 – YHWH Custom Group Show
- 05/26/2012 – T9G & Bwana Spoons “TxB”
- 05/28/2010- Netzwerk and Mushashinto Tech – New Works by Daniel Goffin and Martin Osuna
- 06/01/2013 – “ROCK ‘n’ ROLL UAMOU” Uamou, RealxHead, and Skull Toys
- 06/07/2011 – Open Call Resin Toy Juried Show
- 06/07/2014 -“STEPPING THROUGH WALLS” Bwana Spoons, Johan Ulrich, Joseph Harmon, Martin Ontiveros, Rampage Toys, T9G
- 06/08/2013 – Frank Kozik A CLOCKWORK CARROT Release and Signing
- 06/13/2015 – “ABNORMABLE” – Splurrt, Kagemaru, and Leo Sofvi
- 06/16/2012 – Meredith Dittmar “TRANSMUTATION”
- 06/25/2010 – BLAMO Solo Show
- 07/07/2012 – Secret Base “Devil Japan”
- 07/08/2011 – Sofubi Godfathers: Mark Nagata, Blobpus, Paul Kaiju, Bob Conge/Plaseebo, and LASH
- 07/10/2010 – Rotobox Ganmetall Celsius Custom Show and Exhibit
- 07/13/2014 – Ron English Toy Release and Signing
- 07/18/2015 – “LUCID DREAM” Sleepwalker Custom Group Show
- 08/03/2013 – Paul Frank’s Julius Toy Art Show & Pop Up Shop
- 08/04/2012 – Arkiv “Aftermath”
- 08/05/11 – Arkiv Vilmansa “Escapist”
- 08/08/2015 – “TWISTED PLANET” Cometdebris, Galaxy People, Joseph Harmon, and Martin Ontiveros
- 08/09/2014 – “DEATH RIDES AGAIN” – Lurk, Doubleparlour, Mike Egan
- 08/24/2013 – “Music to My Ears” Super Cooper 14th Birthday Art Show
- 08/25/2012 – mr clement “Lapin World Tour-L.A”
- 09/05/2015 – “FAMOUS LAST WORDS” Farewell Group Show
- 09/13/2014 – TAG 2014 Anniversary Show feat. Vertebrata
- 09/14/2013 – TAG 2013 Anniversary Show feat. Pollen Kaiser
- 09/15/2012 – TAG Anniversary Show 2012
- 09/30/2011 – Nathan Hamill’s Belicose Bunny Launch and Signing
- 09/4/2010 – Red Carpet Kaiju Group Show
- 10/05/2012 – “This Temporary Moment” New Works by Brian Flynn
- 10/14/2011 – “Pop Fiction” New Work from Francesco de Molfetta
- 10/18/2014 – TAG Halloween Show 2014
- 10/19/2013 – “STRANGE DAYS” Itokin Park, Brent Nolasco, Martin Ontiveros, Josh Herbolsheimer, Michael Pro, Shirahama/Yatsuashi
- 10/2/2010 – Jouwe Custom Group Show
- 10/27/12 – “Vivid Lucid Dream” The Sofubi of LASH, Siccaluna and Frenzy Bros.
- 11/10/2011 – “11/10” The Artwork of Huck Gee
- 11/12/2010 – “When birds sing the song of the clouds…” TAN-KI Solo Show
- 11/14/2014 – “UNAMERICAN ACTIVITY” – Doktor A, Jon-Paul Kaiser, Seymour Art
- 11/15/2013 – “ARTISTS ASSEMBLE!” Stan Lee’s Yo! Custom Figure Group Show
- 11/24/12 – Z.A.P. Zombie Art Project by Mikie Graham
- 12/09/2011 – Quim Tarrida – “If You Blink, You’ll Miss It”
- 12/11/2010 – “Metallic Machinations” Cris Rose/DrilOne/Phu!/Jester/Rohby
- 12/12/2014 – Christmas Kaiju Group Show
- 12/14/13 – Blamo Toys Billy Custom Group Show
- 12/15/12 – Blamo Toys HUG Custom Group Show
- 9/16/2011 – “Brain Evolution” Jumping Brain Custom Show
- 9/16/2011 – Toy Art Gallery Grand Opening!
- 9/22 Bruce Lee’s Temple Of Kung Fu Series 1 by Jeremy “MAD” Madl X Round 5 Release Party
- Arkiv “Escapist” Preview
- Arkiv “THE AFTERMATH” Preview
- Blamo Solo Show PREVIEW
- Choco Moo Solo Exhibition Preview
- Contemporary Figurative Modifications Preview
- GABRIELS Preview
- Jouwe Custom Group Show Preview
- Mark Nagata’s Alien Argus Group Show Preview
- Mark Ryden’s YHWH Custom Group Show Preview
- Meredith Dittmar “TRANSMUTATION” Preview
- Metallic Machinations Preview
- mr clement “Lapin World Tour-L.A” Preview
- Netzwerk and Musashinto Tech PREVIEW LIST
- Open Call Resin Toy Juried Show Preview
- Power Rangers “20 Rangers for 20 Years” 2 Day Event – 12/7 & 12/8 2013
- Quim Tarrida “If You Blink, You’ll Miss It” Preview
- Red Carpet Kaiju PREVIEW
- Rotobox Celsius Custom Show PREVIEW
- Sacred Trip – Carlos Enriquez Gonzalez Preview
- SOFUBI GODFATHERS Preview
- TAG Grand Opening Exclusives!
- Tan-Ki Solo Show Preview
- 01/21/2011 – “Sacred Trip” Carlos Enriquez Gonzalez Solo Show
- 02/26/2011 – Mark Nagata’s Alien Argus Custom Group Show
- 01/07/2012 – WHAM BLAM BLAMO – BLAMO TOYS Solo Show
- 04/02/2011 – “Contemporary Figurative Modification” Brent Nolasco, Leecifer, Jim Koch, TaskOne, Bob Conge, Nerviswr3k
- 05/06/2011 – “New Toys for Melancholics” Gabriels Solo Show